Southern Lord: Upcoming 2011 Releases
You all should know by now that I love Southern Lord, so I’m pretty excited about what they have in store for the rest of 2011:
- First up on September 27th, we have the “live release from one of the sludge metal scene’s most underrated, unsung, and recently reformed acts; NOOTHGRUSH.” The record hosts two live radio broadcasts from NOOTHGRUSH; the first from KZSU from 1996 and the other from KFJC in 1999.
- In addition, we have DEAD IN THE DIRT’s debut 7” “Fear.” A review will be posted shortly.
- Next up on October 11th, we have the 4th full length from Black Cobra, “Invernal.” This is a great record, a review will be up shortly.
- Coming October 25 is the 2LP version of the recently released “Celestial Lineage” from Wolves in the Throne Room. This is another incredible release, you should go get the CD right Now and then head over to Southern Lord and order the vinyl!!!
- Also on the 25th is “Void”, the latest from Swedens Craft. Another wonderfully brutal record, hich will also see a review posted here very soon.
- In November, we have “Hell if Other People”, the debut full length from Pittsburgs own Heartless.
- And finally, at the end of November, we have a Sunn 0)))) reissue of their long out of print album “ØØ Void.” Initially released in 2000 via HydraHead in North America and Rise Above inEurope. “ØØ Void.” not only featuring the core guitarists Stephen O’Malley and Greg Anderson, but bass by Stuart Dahlquist (Burning Witch, Goatsnake), as well as guest contributions from Petra Haden (QOTSA, Foo Fighters, The Decemberists) on violins and vocals, as well as Pete Stahl (Scream, Wool, Goatsnake, QOTSA) contributing vocals, and was recorded on 2″ tape by Scott Reeder (The Obsessed, Kyuss, Goatsnake). This 2011 reissue features revamped artwork by Stephen Kasner and a layout by Stephen O’Malley.
It looks like a great few months for fans of great music, I can’t wait to see what ther Lord bestows upon us in 2012!